I just saw the new info about the new Kinect system specifications. The new system called “Durango” (weird choice of name for Microsoft, but than again the Kinect used to be called “Natal” before its launch) is an improved version due to few features:
- Skeleton tracking – Multiple players (more than two), detection of sideways positions, and better joints detection
- More joint points on the skeleton – allows better movement recognition
- Better IR resolution – Active IR that will enable recognition in worst lighting conditions
- Larger Field-of-View – will enable to have wider space to play if needed or if players are in different heights.
- Better accuracy – maybe will finally enable hardcore gamers that want precision to enter the motion world
Microsoft are working hard on getting new buyers, I guess they see the movement towards other game platforms and need to make themselves more attractive and unique to justify the price.
Let’s wait and see
Here’s the link: VGLEAKS